Ice Road Trucker's Lisa Kelly talks about the new Worldtrucker App
16 Mar 2013
Lisa Kelly driving her truck. Talking about the new app:
- I like the Wordtrucker community because it's more trucker specific. Its not broad like Facebook, like what you had for breakfast or something, it's actually really specific to routes that you have or things along the route that makes it interesting.
- We are now developing a mobile app to take Wordtrucker to the roads.
- We have features like routes, you can now record your routes, check in, you can drop tips, trucker interest points.
- I think it's a great app and I think it's a great opportunity for truckers to use this app. Because along the routes there are tips and they can find the best places to eat or sleep.
- A cool thing about it to is that its integrated with the app and the website, whatever you do on one of them shows up on the other. You can share your pictures and your story..
- We have developed this together with our truck members on the site, so they have been able to give us all their input about what they need out there, so we know that this is customized for truck drivers.
Eva LindebergerVolvo Trucks Media RelationsSwedeneva.email@example.com+46 31 322 8078